The following Terms of Service apply to your use of the Southern Georgian Bay Chamber of Commerce website. You are solely responsible for your conduct and your content on the website and compliance with these terms. By setting up your profile or using or browsing this website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms.
Communication with You
We reserve the right to send messages to you to inform you of:
- changes or additions to this website;
- changes to these Terms and Conditions
- violations of these Terms and Conditions or cancellation, suspension, termination or other action respecting your privilege to access and use this website; or
- any other matter related to this website or these Terms and Conditions
Nothing in this provision shall require or obligate us to send any notice if no notice is required or mandated elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions.
You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself and your business / organization, as applicable, as requested in the registration form and elsewhere on this website, and agree to update such information if it changes.
Payment for your membership package will be made by via PayPal using a valid credit card. Payment is payable in Canadian dollars only. We are required by law to collect and remit Harmonized Goods & Services tax (HST) or any other tax applicable to your province of jurisdiction. We determine your local taxing jurisdiction based on the billing address that you list in your profile.
Use of the Website
The Southern Georgian Bay Chamber of Commerce website may not be used for the sending of unsolicited commercial electronic messages (CEM). All messages sent by use of the website shall be in compliance with our Anti- Spam policy and in compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, S.C. 2010 c. 23 (CASL). You shall represent yourself or your organization accurately and will not impersonate any other person, whether actual or fictitious. You agree that you shall not send any message, the primary purpose of which is the commercial advertisement or promotion of a commercial product or service (including content on an Internet website operated for a commercial purpose) (a “commercial electronic mail message” (CEM) as defined in the CAN-SPAM Act or Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation) to any person who has opted out or otherwise objected to receiving such messages from you or another sender on whose behalf you may be acting.
We may terminate your access to or use of the muniSERV website if we determine that your level of spam or other complaints are higher than industry norms, as determined by us in our sole discretion (such determination shall be final, binding and conclusive for all purposes under these Terms and Conditions).
We prohibit the use of this website by any person or organization that:
- Displays or markets material that exploits children under 18 years of age;
- Posts or discloses any personally identifying information or private information about anyone without his or her consent, including children under 18 years of age without their parents’ consent;
- In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party’s intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
- in a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Provides or posts any content that advocates, promotes or otherwise encourages violence against any governments, organizations, groups or individuals or that provides instruction, information or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence;
- Introduces viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware or other harmful code;
- to engage in spamming, “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes”, advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms and Conditions, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- in a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- in a manner that is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, colour, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
- to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to this website without authorization;
- to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website or prevent others from using this website, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to this website, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons’ ability to use this website;
- to use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user’s account or to monitor or copy this website or the content contained therein;
- in a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
- in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this website or to users; and
- in a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- “Stalk” or otherwise harass anyone;
- Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of this website or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of this website for the purposes of automating logins to this website;
- Post any content that constitutes pornography, contains nudity, or is adult in nature.
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from this website – except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google)
- Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the website’s infrastructure;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, this website;
- Use this website as a generic file hosting service;
- Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of this website or for using it for purposes unrelated to this website); and
- Develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of this website.
You hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us and our business partners, third-party suppliers and providers, licensors, officers, directors, employees, distributors and agents from and against any damages, losses, liabilities, penalties, settlements and expenses in connection with any claim or action that (i) arises from any actual or alleged breach by you of these Terms and Conditions; or (ii) arises from the content you post, promotions you offer, or products or services you sell (including, without limitation, claims relating to defective products or services or unclaimed property).
In addition, you acknowledge and agree that we have the right to seek damages when you use the website for unlawful purposes, in an unlawful manner, or in a manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions, and that such damages may include, without limitation, direct, indirect, special, incidental, cover, reliance and/or consequential damages. In the event that we are required to respond to a third party or law enforcement subpoena or court order that is related to your use of the website, we may, in our sole discretion, require you to reimburse us for our reasonable expenses associated with complying with such subpoena or order.
Disclaimer for Pages
Southern Georgian Bay Chamber of Commerce does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external links.