The Midland YMCA Employment Service Office will be hosting an Information Session on Wednesday, March 18th from 10:30am – 12:00pm to review and discuss the new Canada Ontario Job Grant. This session will include a thorough overview of the program, a review of employer and training provider eligibility, a step by step guide to completing the application, and a general Q&A session. To register for this session, simply reply by email or contact me personally at 705-528-0845 ext. 202
For those of you who are not familiar with the Canada-Ontario Job Grant, please see brief overview below:
* The COJG program will reimburse you for 2/3 of the cost of employee training, to a maximum of $10,000 per employee. This does not include any travel expenses, accommodations, meals, etc. and is strictly for costs invoiced by training provider. The program will allow for any textbooks or materials, student fees, exam fees etc
* The training must be located within Ontario and be less than 1 year in length. Employees must also be employed within Ontario
* Eligible training providers include: Publicly funded colleges, Universities, Union Trade Schools, School Boards, Product Vendors, and Private Trainers working in compliance with the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005.
* Courses can be delivered in a classroom setting, on-line, or on site
* Training providers and employers must have proof of 3rd party General Liability Insurance
* All funds are reimbursed to the employer, not the training provider
To submit an application for funding, please visit the link below to download a copy of the application form. Once completed, please use this same link to submit your application on-line.
Link to Download COJG Application
If you are having any challenges completing the application or have questions about the COJG program, please do not hesitate to contact me. This is an excellent opportunity to invest in your staff, with minimal cost to you. I look forward to working with you on this program.
Midland YMCA Employment Service